I am excited to share this recipe with you! I love apple cider and I really can’t believe it turned out so well. I love this season and I really enjoy making different foods this time of year. Anything to bring my family together is good to me! I hope you love this recipe.
Apple Cider (Instant Pot & Slow Cooker)
You will need:
- 6-8 medium apples, cored and sliced (leave the peel on) You can use whatever apples you have on hand. This equals ~2 lbs of apples. The bruised ones work well here too. They’re going to be cooked to a pulp- so go ahead and throw them in!
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of honey (you can use sugar here as well, but I prefer honey)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 large cinnamon sticks, or 5-6 small cinnamon sticks, or 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (or 2 whole cloves)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- wire mesh strainer
- storage container or pitcher
- Instant pot (I will also add slow cooker instructions as well)
Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot or slow cooker bowl. Give everything a good stir making sure that the honey is not sticking to the bottom.
Set the Instant Pot to high pressure, seal it, and cook for 10 minutes. Let it release naturally. If you are using a slow cooker, cook this on low for 6-8 hours.
Once the time is up, run everything through a fine mesh strainer and pour into whatever storage container you have chosen. (Save the apples and cinnamon sticks. You can make apple butter with this!) Pop it in the fridge and drink it within 1 week. I like to drink mine hot. Feel free to warm it up in the microwave or in a pan over the stove.
I hope you give this a try. Apple Cider is incredibly easy to make (and much cheaper to do it yourself!). This time of year gets expensive when we start planning for all of the holidays, so go ahead and save yourself a couple of bucks by making things at home.
Lots of love and many blessings,
Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom.